The Commission on Women and Gender Studies of the DHST calls for papers for the conference Gendering Science: Women and Men Producing Knowledge which will held in Prague, the Czech Republic on 4-6 June 2015.
The task of the conference is to map the historical path of women from equal opportunities in education to the position of knowledge producers, science managers and educators in the light of the gendered transformations of the sciences in the 20th and 21st centuries. We would like to explore especially the following themes preferably from a historical perspective:
- Paths of women to equal opportunities in education and tenure track jobs in different cultural and political environments.
- Differences in the position of female and male scientists in cooperative research teams and patterns of collaboration.
- Outstanding women scientists and engineers: authors of scientific discoveries and technical inventions; team-leaders; scientific managers.
- Transformations in science and society and gendered effects in knowledge production.
- Changes in science and society that reshaped the academia, working cultures and career paths of both men and women
- Ways that the globalization of the scientific knowledge production affected women’s claims to knowledge in various parts of the world
- Opportunities and risks in science, technology and society in terms of producing gender sensitive knowledge.
30. 9. 2014 – deadline for submitting panels and declaration of interest
15. 12. 2014 – deadline for submitting papers
PhDr. Milada Sekyrková, CSc., Institute of the History of Charles University and Archive of Charles University, dhstconference(AT)soc.cas.cz
NKC – women and science
Institute of Sociology of Academy of Sciences
110 00 Prague 1