This may be of interest. Please email us for the form or contact Zaimal Azad directly.
FEMINIST LIBRARIES AND ARCHIVES GATHERING, NOTTINGHAM, 15-16TH FEBRUARY 2014
As administrators and volunteers of the London Feminist Library and Nottingham Women’s Centre, we are pleased to announce that we are jointly organising a gathering of UK-based women’s libraries and resource centres. We hope that this event will give us all an opportunity to meet and forge relationships between one another, as well as share ideas, knowledge, and resources. The gathering will take place at Nottingham Women’s Centre on 15-16th February 2014. As a women’s library or resource centre, or someone who is interested in their workings, you are warmly invited to attend. As Nottingham Women’s Centre is a women-only space, this event is open to self-defining women only.
We are hoping to hold a variety of discussion groups, talks, and workshops on topics pertaining to women’s libraries and resource centres, and these may include:
- How to improve local outreach and become a part of the local community.
- Dealing with women-only material.
- Running a centre with volunteers vs. paid workers.
- Running a centre independently vs. at a host institution (such as a university).
- Cataloguing issues.
- Retaining activist connections.
- Collecting different types of material, e.g. zines, audio and visual, ephemera, etc, etc.
- Being aware of material in each other’s collections/arranging swaps.
To help with planning the event, we would like you to answer a few questions (see below). In addition to the provided questions, we welcome any other ideas, comments, and feedback. After our successful planning meeting in Nottingham this weekend, we look forward to your reply as soon as you can.
Thank you for your time. We look forward to receiving your feedback and planning a wonderful, welcoming, and inclusive conference.
30 Chaucer Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LP
Tel: 0115 941 1475